Friday, June 22, 2007

Tired of passively resisting…

I really am tired. In fact, "sick and tired" as W says... I am tired of Turkish newspapers that keep hurting my mental health every morning. I am tired of Turkish politicians, tired of the president who only represents a certain elite, tired of Turkish army because of their arrogance. And I am tired of Turkish people who are so passive, so laid-back, and so ok with everything that happens to them. I can't stop reading, I can't help but get angry and there is nothing I can do to change the situation. And oh my God, did I just quote Bush on my blog?

Turkey, really, IS the “homeland of the absurd” as Nicole and Hugh Pope say.

It is funny all losing politicians question democracy when all else fails... I can’t actually believe we are now discussing whether democracy is actually unquestionable. It’s even more ironic that the discussion is led by people who call themselves social democrats, people’s party, etc… Similar kind of people who start the most amusing discussion topic of all times! Can Islam and democracy co-exist? One more irony… People who discuss this question and say “no” are the very people who are the most fearful that Islam and democracy may actually coexist, God forbid! It is not Islam’s problem that democracy in Muslim countries has a pre-requisite of leading to anti-Islamic regimes to be considered valid.

I hope future will prove that I was wrong about everything I am about to say here. But, I am really afraid that until July 22nd, Turkey will have to handle the biggest plots of her history to prevent democracy from existing all together, no matter at what cost. And if that fails, too, the party, gaining the highest percentage of vote will not allowed to form the parliament, for whatever fake reason. If that fails as well and they are allowed to hold the government, they will probably not be able to elect the next president.

And if that happens, and the majority still remains silent, I will stop passive resistance and start real action. You'll see what a Turkish woman is capable of doing! Here it is in writing!

No comments: